Three Bean Salad
Recipe type: Side Dish
Three Bean Salad is an American Picnic staple. One of the best sides you can make for any outdoor gathering because it doesn’t need refrigeration.
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery stalks, chopped fine
- ½ red onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup fresh, finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh finely chopped rosemary
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the beans, celery, onion, parsley and rosemary.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the dressing to the beans. Toss to coat.
- Chill beans in the refrigerator for several hours, to allow the beans to soak up the flavor of the dressing.