- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 oz. pancetta or bacon, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 package (9 oz.) cheese tortellini
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 8 oz. fresh spinach, rinsed, stemmed and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add pancetta. Cook until crisp.
- Add onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.
- Add cooked tortellini to soup mixture.
- Stir in tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook just until wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cheese.